How To Disciple Men: Short and Sweet a book edited by Jay Payleitner and David Murrow
Summary: This book consists of 45 short chapters written by leaders of diverse Christian backgrounds. While not every chapter deals with discipling men, this book contains much helpful advise for men’s ministry leaders.
Got 15 minutes? Sharpen your ministry to men.
Each brief chapter is packed with practical advice from leaders who have dedicated their lives to helping men become more like Jesus. Hear their stories. Learn from their mistakes. Profit from their experience. Discover how to:
- Teach and reach the male mind.
- Build and strengthen your men’s group through missions, road trips, outdoor activities, and marketplace ministry.
- Plan, market, produce, and follow up on men’s events.
- Minister to men who have lost their job, confess an addiction, or feel like they’re not even welcome at church.
- Create a team of prayer warriors.
- Mentor effectively and set up practical, authentic accountability.
- Engage millennials, and reach across racial lines.
- Become a valued partner with your senior pastor.
- Ensure your own family takes priority over your ministry.
Writers of diverse backgrounds and experiences wrote these 45 chapters. You may not agree or be comfortable with all of them. But there are many good, helpful ideas for leadership here.
Use Cases: Use this book to grow your ministry with men.
Additional Resources: Getting Guys to Join